Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bad habit industries

Consumer habits around which industries have grown:
  1. over spending
  2. over eating
  3. over drinking
  4. over drugging
Consumer society encourages addiction:
I am a 54 year old (or young) woman who has been dealing with weight issues my whole life.
Addiction recovery industry temporarily saves you from your addiction:
I think I’ve tried every method of losing weight at least twice, from Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig to medically supervised fasting for months.
Then the consumer society in which we must live transforms the consumer into an addict once again:
I keep going back to Weight Watchers, which really is the only one that works long-term for me. The program does work if I stay with it, which is the catch.
Addiction recovery becomes a life habit. Is there anyone who broke this habit for life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers